3Year’s Jotna Pro Reacts as IGP Withhold Permit

0
96

By Almamo Kamaso

Pro Hagi Suwareh of 3 Jotna movements reacts to the withholding of permit for a peaceful protest march by his organization. Suwareh said he is disappointed by the office of the IGP and advise that the office of IGP to issue the permit immediately without delay.
Suwareh said the denial is a plan and well calculated measures by the Barrow administration. He asked why the office of the IGP not engaged the organizers if there is any security as per their release.
The Office of the Inspector General of Police has decided to withhold a permit for the pro-democracy group wishing to take to the streets Sunday 19 January 2010. The group had earlier taken to the streets in December 2019 where thousands took part in a very orderly manner.
In a press release send to the Daily News, the Public Relations Office ASP Lamin Njie said The Office of the Inspector General of Police wishes to inform members of the public that following meticulous security assessment, monitoring and intelligence gathering, it has decided to withhold the granting of permit to the ‘Operation 3 Years Jotna Movement’ due to compelling National Security and Public Safety concerns.

In this regard, the Office of the Inspector General of Police acting in accordance with Section 178 of the 1997 Constitution of the Republic of The Gambia will continue to deliver on its mandate of protecting Life and properties as well as maintaining Law and Order.

The public is assured of the highest sense of security, peace and tranquility at all times.
Reacting to the press release the Public Relations